Based on the fundamental knowledge of the Robot Operating System (ROS), this training package deals with the design and implementation of complex robot applications. Extended applications will be implemented in typical distributed scenarios. In addition, the most commonly used tools for simulation and visualization in ROS will be presented and explained in detail.
- Compiling and using existing ROS packages
- Define and create custom messages and service types
- Application of all functions of Services and Actions
- Building a robot application with ROS as a communication framework
- Use of visualization tools (RVIZ, Gazebo, Moveit) and interpretation of their information outputs
- Implementation of an ROS application on a computer network